Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm Alive...



 Si! I am alive! I only have 30 minutes to write so I will try to answer as many questions as I can. It may be filled with random things, but I'll try to inform you of everything. Right now I am sitting in the laundry room waiting for my clothes to wash. My companion is Elder Swanger from Kennewick Washington. (One of the tri-cities up by Othello). He is different. has German roots and so sometimes it is hard to understand him. It's also hard because he isn't one who likes to work too hard. He sometimes gets off task and I have to keep prodding him along. He's not the most spiritual person. We had our first opportunity to teach the first lesson in English to our DL and his comp. I could have died because during the part of the lesson where you are supposed to teach about the BOM he started bashing the Bible saying, "Well do you know that the Bible was written in so and so?" It was a good 3-4 minutes before he stopped talking that I could finally get the lesson back on track. I believe the Lord is trying to teach me humility and patience. Defenitley to be patient with him but also to be patient with the language. Learning spanish stinks. Everyone in our district, but my comp and I have had some kind of experience in spanish before. Therefore, we are sort of behind and it's frustrating. Jordan I think asked me about learning the language and how much time they give us. We harp on it for about 5-6 hours a day while we have a teacher in the room. We then can do more during our MDT time where we get to pick what we get to study.

Someone asked about the first day. I think the curb side drop off, sorry mom, was great! At least on this end of things. Sure it was hard to say goodbye for a few minutes, but they wisk you away and throw you right into the fire. The Elder that took me in to a large room where they give you your name tag, etc... After that he took me up to my room and told me to get my PMG, Scriptures, and something to write with and we were off! They kept us busy right up til bedtime. So it was great. As long as I stay busy I don't think about home too much. And they sure do keep you busy here alot! We are scheduled out to the minute! I don't know what I would do without my planner.

For the most part, besides my companion, I love it here. The spirit is so strong. I love my district and teachers! Hermano Nelson and Zundel are awesome! By the way, my District Leaders hate you all. They are in charge of getting the mail everyday, and I have had multiple letters everyday! Muchas Gracias everyone! I love getting mail! Dear Elder is amazing! We usually get those after dinner. Dad thanks for the candy. The fish are gone! And yes I shared them with Elder Swanger. (pronounced Elder Swanner. Like the bird with and er on the end.)

I have had a couple of rough days the past couple of days, but I know this is where I'm supposed to do. It would be so much easier if I could do it in English, but the Lord called me to learn spanish. Please pray that I can learn it! Well my time here is running out, but thanks for everything. Keep the letters coming. They help keep my spirits high. To end I want to bare my testimonial in Espanol. Yo Soy Que Jesucristo es mi salvador y que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta hoy. Well that's part of it but I'm down to the end of my time. I will share the rest later! I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment